Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Admitting Imperfections

"I am imperfection in the best form and I am not striving to be perfect but I am striving to be better"
-written by me in 2014


I started this post in 2014...it was tucked away in my draft folder. Frankly, I've started incubating the idea of this post from the get-go of creating this blog.

I want to show my imperfections...But nonetheless, I found it very difficult to do.

It is like I'm known for being positive amongst friends and kind souls-I'm a radiant sunshine and unicorns follow me wherever I go! (That's not true but I'll like to believe that's how my friends see me...haha) And for every negative thing I say or think, I spin it so that it has a profound reasoning or I argue myself against it. It's complete bullshit if you ask me!

I'm not trying to say that I'm fronting a positive life. I'm just angry at myself for not allowing myself to be angry, to be upset, to have negative thoughts. In that way, I always feel like a fraud...

But I don't want to be a fraud. So let the showcasing of imperfection begin! Let's rewrite my life where I don't gloss over my imperfections.

So much love,
atypicaljanedoe

No comments:

Post a Comment